Find printer ip address in order to able to connect it with a computer on network, since a printer’s IP address uniquely identifies the device & allows other networked machines to communicate with it.
A printer is the tool you need to transform a soft file into a hard file. To get it work, you have to connect it with the computer. It is a quite easy job if you use it alone. There are more things to consider in order making the printer able to be shared with some computers within a network. Find printer ip address before connecting it to another computer or device.
There are at least two ways to find printer ip address. You can do it straightforward on the device or from a computer connected to the same network as the printer or to which it is directly connected.
1. On the printer display:
• Press the “Menu” button that you can see on the printer’s onboard display, if it is available
• Scroll through the options of Menu until you find a “Setup” or “Configuration” option.
• Scroll through the list of available setup options using the navigation systems on the printer until you find printer ip address or “TCP/IP” option. Select it to get the view of the IP address.
2. Windows configuration:
• Click “Start” button and choose “Devices and Printers” to open the printer configuration window listing all accessible printers.
• Choose which printer’s IP that you are trying to find from the list. Right-click the printer and choose “Printer Properties”. The IP is usually appeared on the Location box on the General tab. If it is not, go to the next step.
• Click the “Ports” tab on the Properties window. The first number listed is the IP address of the printer.
A printer’s IP address uniquely identifies the device and allows other networked machines to communicate with it. Therefore, you need to first find printer ip address in order to able to connect it with a computer on your network.